Wide Variety of Garage Door Services for Narberth, PA
Narberth Expert Tips for Garage Door Spring Repair
As a homeowner, you're all too familiar with life's little surprises, often occurring at the most inconvenient moments. One such annoyance is finding your car trapped in the garage, especially if it's only been a short time since your last garage door repair. That's where Arthur's Garage Door Service comes in, adhering to the industry's best practices to ensure we provide top-notch advice to homeowners whenever we enter a garage. Following these practices can save you time and money in the long run, and we prioritize our customers' satisfaction.
Proven Technique #1 - Swap Out Both Springs
Garage doors typically have two springs that are installed concurrently. When one spring fails, it often indicates that the other spring is approaching its life's end as well. In order to avert upcoming disruptions, potential dangers, and harm to the garage door opener, Arthur's Garage Door Service usually suggests swapping both springs. Just as replacing both car tires after one fails is important, it's crucial to maintain valuable equipment like garage doors and automobiles by changing both garage door springs.
Proven Technique #2 - Choosing Suitable Springs
Garage doors are available in a range of weights and sizes, making it necessary to use appropriate springs to attain the right door balance. If a technician installs an improper spring, it can harm your garage door system and burden the garage door opener. This may lead to premature opener failure and additional repair calls. DIY spring replacement can be dangerous for this reason as well. That's why Arthur's Garage Door Service technicians exclusively install the proper springs for the door's weight and validate their work with a balance test.
Proven Technique #3 - Carrying Out a Safety Inspection
Arthur's Garage Door Service includes a no-cost safety inspection for every spring repair, checking that all hardware and moving parts on your door operate correctly and comply with safety regulations. It's possible that worn mechanical parts on your door, which were likely installed with the springs, are now unsafe. A dysfunctional spring could signal a larger issue with your door. That's why we prioritize providing a free safety inspection and maintaining a safe environment for our clients as a best practice.
Because we stock a wide range of springs to accommodate the various types of garage doors, we recommend having a professionally trained technician take precise measurements before giving you an exact price estimate. Contact Arthur's Garage Door Service today to have a skilled technician provide an estimate for garage door spring repair!
How to Choose the Right Garage Door Opener for Your Needs
For those in Narberth looking for a space-saving solution, jackshaft openers are an excellent choice. These openers are installed on the wall beside your garage door and connect to the torsion spring above it. They are particularly suitable for homes with high garage ceilings or for individuals who want to free up ceiling space. Although slightly pricier than ceiling-mounted openers, they offer a unique and practical alternative.
Belt Driven Openers
Considered the best type of opener in the industry, belt-driven openers are not only as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. They run on a steel-reinforced belt and are slightly more expensive than chain and screw drive openers. For homeowners in Narberth with garages attached to their homes or surrounded by bedrooms, a belt-driven opener ensures you won't be disturbed by garage door noise. Many customers who choose belt-driven openers are extremely satisfied and can't imagine going back to the noise of a chain opener.
Screw Driven Openers
Utilizing a lifting mechanism that runs on a threaded steel rod rather than a chain or rubber belt, screw drive openers work optimally in areas with constant weather and temperature conditions throughout the year. For those in Narberth with variable weather patterns, a screw drive opener might not be suitable. These openers are the slowest and noisiest of all three types and are the most affordable. If noise and speed are important factors for you, a screw-driven opener may not be the best choice.
Chain Driven Openers
Frequently used in Narberth, chain drive openers are dependable and operate the garage door on its track by employing a metal chain. These openers are a little less costly than belt drives. However, they are noisy, which can be an issue if your garage is located below or adjacent to your home's main living spaces. Due to the minor savings and the absence of a lifetime warranty provided by LiftMasterÂ® for belt drives, we usually do not recommend chain drive openers.
Why Arthur's Garage Door Service? 10 Convincing Reasons to Choose Us
- Reliable Experience: With a successful track record spanning many years, we have established ourselves as industry leaders with numerous satisfied customers. You can trust us to handle your garage door needs with utmost efficiency.
- Array of Products and Services: Arthur's Garage Door Service supplies a diverse range of products and services that accommodate your specific demands. We can handle everything from tailor-made doors to repair and installation services, so regardless of the door or product you need, we have the appropriate solution.
- Knowledgeable Staff: Our team is comprised of knowledgeable and professional individuals. They recognize the importance of excellent customer service and aim to make your interactions with them pleasant. Whether it's answering questions about doors and gates or providing guidance on garage door upkeep, they're here to assist you.
- High Quality Materials: We make it a priority to use premium materials for your overhead door, ensuring a durable and visually appealing end product. With our company in Narberth, you can trust that your investment in a high-quality door is well-founded.
- Secure Installations: We make certain that your doors and gates are installed safely and accurately. This ensures that the installation and maintenance of your garage door comply with the strictest protocols, offering a safe and protected atmosphere for your family.
- Competitive Pricing Solutions: Arthur's Garage Door Service has a variety of cost-effective approaches to address your garage door concerns. Seek a solution that works within your budget, encompassing installation, repairs, and custom design services.
- Prompt Service: In the world of garage door repair and installation, time is a valuable resource. A trustworthy Narberth company will guarantee that your requirements are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Commitment to Quality: We offer a commitment to quality for our services and products, making sure that all overhead door repairs or installations are performed to the highest standards. This allows you to have confidence in the protection of your investment.
- Warranty: We add an extra layer of protection to your investment with our warranty coverage. This warranty takes care of any malfunction or accidental damage to your doors and gates, minimizing the stress and financial impact of a damaged door.
- Exceeding Your Expectations: Arthur's Garage Door Service is dedicated to providing top-notch service for your garage doors and gates, and we aim to exceed your expectations with every interaction. Our team is knowledgeable and professional, ensuring that you receive the highest level of service possible.
Problems with Overhead Door Repair That We See Frequently
Broken Springs: Garage door springs can break easily due to the tension they're under. If your garage door isn't working correctly, check the condition of the springs.
Worn-out rollers: Over time, the rollers that help your garage door open and close can become worn out. This can cause the door to be noisy or even get stuck.
Damaged panels: The panels on your garage door can become damaged from weather or normal wear and tear, or a hit by a vehicle or a heavy object.
Misaligned Tracks: Misaligned tracks can cause your garage door to malfunction and pose a safety risk. Repairing the tracks should be a priority to keep your garage door functioning correctly.
Faulty Opener Malfunction: If your garage door opener is faulty, it can prevent your door from functioning correctly. It's best to seek professional assistance to diagnose and repair any issues with the opener.
Safety Sensor: The safety sensor is a vital safety feature of your garage door. Keep it in good condition and pay attention to its alignment to ensure your door operates correctly.
What Overhead Door Problems Often Require Repair?Hinges: Opening and closing your gate may be difficult if the hinges are misaligned or damaged. Fortunately, this is typically an uncomplicated fix for a professional.
Sagging: Wooden gates are often affected by sagging, which is primarily caused by the weight of the gate. To avoid this issue, it is recommended to use heavier hardware and secure the posts correctly.
Warping: Extreme temperatures, whether hot or cold, can cause overhead doors to warp and become misshapen.
Rotting: Wooden doors that aren't properly sealed or treated can deteriorate and rot over time, leading to weakened doors that may eventually collapse.
Fading: Your gate's color may fade due to weather conditions or excessive sun exposure. To maintain its appearance, you may need to repaint it periodically.
Pests: Termites and carpenter bees are among the pests that can cause problems for wooden doors, which is another issue to be aware of. Regular inspection is necessary to identify any signs of infestation.
Rollers: Overhead door rollers play a vital role in ensuring smooth door movement. Any damage or wear can hinder proper opening and closing. Thankfully, roller replacement is usually a straightforward repair.
Frames: A damaged or bent frame on an overhead door can cause instability, which can be a significant safety concern. It's crucial to address the issue and replace or repair the frame without delay.
Installation: A poorly installed garage door can create significant issues. It can be unstable and dangerous, making it necessary to fix it as soon as possible.
Rusting: Rusting is a frequent problem caused by exposure to moisture or humidity. Especially if you live in a humid place, it's essential to watch out for any signs of rust on your overhead door.
Why You Should Consider Replacing Your Garage Door in Narberth
Don't just think about resale value when considering replacing your garage doors. There are plenty of other reasons for Narberth residents to consider as well. Here are some of them:
Efficient Energy Use at Home
Your garage door is probably the most significant moving object connected to your home, and it can also be the least energy-efficient room due to its frequent opening and closing. While homeowners in Narberth, PA tend to invest in energy-efficient replacement windows and front entry doors, many fail to recognize the impact of the garage door on total energy costs. The installation of insulated garage doors can minimize the transfer of hot and cold air, which can translate into significant energy savings.
Safety and Security Should Always be the Priority
A significant number of home break-ins in Narberth happen through garage doors. Do you trust that your garage door cannot be easily tampered with by malicious individuals? Moreover, depending on when you installed your garage door, you may not have the latest safety technology, such as automatic reversal that raises the door upon contact with an unexpected object.
Dampen Your Garage Door Noise
The opening and closing of overhead doors can be very loud and bothersome, particularly for individuals sleeping in rooms in close proximity to or above the garage. To decrease door noise and ensure a smooth operation, Arthur's Garage Door Service offers ultra-quiet hinges.
Upgrade Your Home's Appearance
Pay attention to how much space your garage doors occupy on your home's frontage. Renovating them in Narberth can drastically enhance your home's curb appeal without a high cost.
Questions Frequently Asked by Our Clients in Narberth, PA
Should I consider hiring a professional for my new garage door installation?
At Arthur's Garage Door Service, our stance is that garage door installation is a job for professionals, not a DIY project. As the largest moving part in your home, garage door installation involves a multitude of small components, making it a highly technical process. The connection of springs is especially treacherous, and the door's functioning relies on accurate installation. Experienced garage door dealer/installers can often complete the installation in a few hours, while paying close attention to safety requirements. By contrast, most homeowners spend several days on installation, often feeling frustrated. In addition, incorrect installation could negate certain warranties, so we recommend hiring a professional for the task. These experts can also handle the disposal of your old door when you're getting a replacement.
Is it worth choosing an insulated door for an un-insulated garage?
Insulated garage doors can help reduce the transfer of heat or cold air into your garage through the large garage door opening, which is important because:
- Air can travel through the ceiling of the garage into the floor of the room above if your garage is below another room in your home, and insulated doors can help stabilize temperatures.
- Insulated doors are also quieter and have a more attractive interior than non-insulated doors.
- Comfort is a top priority if you use your garage as a workshop.
- Maintaining comfortable temperatures in your living area if your garage is attached to your home.
Which garage door material is superior - steel or wood?
Arthur's Garage Door Service's steel doors typically require less upkeep than wood doors. They come pre-painted with a baked-on coating from the factory. We suggest cleaning the door's exterior with a common household detergent and warm water at least once a year. Our wood doors are unfinished and must be primed, painted, or stained on all six sides upon delivery. We recommend visually examining the paint or stain finish on wood doors once a year to see if it requires another application.
Is it practical to replace my one-piece garage door with a sectional garage door?
To install a sectional door, your garage door dealer/installer can install the necessary track and springs. Depending on your garage's structure, some changes may be needed. It is recommended that you have your Narberth, PA dealer examine the project before installation to perform any required modifications.
Can I customize the appearance of my new garage door by painting it?
If you want to repaint our steel doors, it's possible because they come with a pre-painted baked-on coating that accepts a wide range of commercially available exterior latex paints. However, make sure to avoid oil-based paints as they are not recommended by Arthur's Garage Door Service.